This Treatment For Stiff Neck Arthritis Will Turn Your Head!
Neck Arthritis, also known as Cervical Spondylosis (the proper medical term), Cervical Osteoarthritis, Osteoarthritis Neck or Arthritis of the Neck, is a degenerative joint disease that affects the neck and top of the cervical spinal column. It is the form of joint arthritis caused by degeneration of the neck bones and discs in the neck area.
It is a condition that typically affects people during their midlife years and beyond (40+) and more men are affected in general than women and even develop it at an earlier age than women.
This causes narrowing of the spinal canals and thickening in the ligaments and bony structures of the neck. This leads to nerve compression due to inflammation and breakdown of the structure, and can lead to severe pain, swelling and even numbness in the area.
Neck and Shoulder Pain
Since the neck and shoulder are connected they are sometimes tied together in a neck ache. Here are the most common symptoms of Neck Arthritis:
- Arthritis neck pain or shoulder pain
- Stiffness that causes difficulty in turning your head side to side without pain
- Numbness anywhere in the spinal column
- Weakness in the legs
- Urinary problems
Neck Pain Causes
- Sports activity where weight is carried on top of the head, like a basket, or sporting equipment
- Professional sports like football, gymnastics and even break dancing
- Injuries that cause neck compression, like an automobile accident or a fall where you land on your head
- There may even be some genetic predisposition to this condition as well
Although you may feel severely debilitated there are a lot of natural arthritis remedies that can really help you recover quickly and fully.
Treatment for Chronic Neck Pain
- Use a neck brace to keep your head in slightly stretched position to take pressure off the neck and spine
- Get a Far Infrared Heating Pad, and drape it over your neck. This allows your muscles and connective tissues to relax and reduces inflammation and pain.
- Get a home gym and strengthen your neck and surrounding muscles.
- Begin incorporating an arthritis diet, and cut back on the items that cause inflammation and pain
- Include Omega-3 oils (preferably from northern cold water fish)
- Add warming spices (anti-inflammatories) to your meals if you enjoy them (curry, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cayenne)
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly Alkaline Ionized Water (removing acidity from the joints is extremely important and hydrating the joint keeps it operating smoothly and fluidly)
- Try topical Rub-On Relief for temporary relief (provides temporary acute pain relief while recovering)
- Take arthritis remedies (glucosamine, SAM-e, Curcumin & Bioprene)
- Use the homeopathic remedy for arthritis in conjunction with herbal remedies and muscle exercises and relaxers
- Lower your overall stress level (watch a comedy or even sing around the house, it really does work)
Neck Ache Exercises
- Water exercise or aerobics (swimming or walking in a pool with lukewarm water)
- Get Inverted Use an Inversion Table and use it to relieve the pressure off your neck and spinal column
- Hit The Trigger Use trigger point therapy to relieve the pressure on the nerves that are causing the pain
- Resistance Training Perform joint friendly non-impact arthritis exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding the joints , taking pressure off of them and begin true healing.
- Posture Training - The Alexander Technique is really great for this. Proper Posture is very important in getting arthritis pain relief and this is also taught in the Feldenkrais (highly recommended) methods which are similar and can help you never experience a back ache or joint ache again!
- Ergonomics – Proper Ergonomic Posture reduces stress on your back and joints.
- Muscle Balance Therapy This provides you a way to remove the cause of your neck pain. Highly recommended!
Neck Pain Relief
Learn to Stretch you neck when you get a flare and stop the pain in its tracks. When you strengthen and balance the muscles in your neck you will take a lot of pressure off of your spinal column and allow your neck to sit in it’s properly balanced location. Use the Neck Pain Relief exercises along with proper hydration (ionic water) and nutritional support (Marquee Mobility). Start where you are at, there is no race. Sometimes the slower the better, because you will not be in a stressful state, adding more pressure to do things quickly. Go at your own body’s pace and you will be helping others, because they will be asking what it is that you did to recover.
Be sure to check out the Healthy Back and Neck Institute’s tips for eliminating neck pain at home quickly and easily by clicking on the Neck Pain Relief banner below.